Monday, April 30, 2012

What's In A Name?


Thanks to everyone who read my first post. It can be a very scary thing to put your work out there for public scrutiny. But it was worth it and I appreciate your support through emails and posted comments.

As suggested by dear friend and fellow baseball fanatic, Alan A., I'm posting the commercial that inspired my blog name.

I LOVE this commercial because it stars two of my favorite pitchers and part of what I believe is one of greatest pitching rotations of all time – Tom Glavine (240 IP, 2.96 ERA), Greg Maddux (232.2 IP, 2.20 ERA), and John Smoltz (256 IP, 3.02 ERA). Only Glavine and Maddux went slapstick for this “cinematic masterpiece” (sarc) and its fun to see the lighter side of two incredibly intense players. Well... at least they were when they were playing.

And let’s not forget that Maddux is the namesake of our four-legged fur child. NO… he wasn’t named after Angelina Jolie’s son. MADDUX… UX, not OX. Sorry… minor sidebar rant. No offense to the Jolie-Pitt family.

Anyway… Here it is. Enjoy! I’ll be back soon. Until then keeping swinging for the fences. ‘Cause chics dig the long ball!




No comments:

Post a Comment